There is a lot of information flying around at the moment about auto enrolment and the deadlines coming up for businesses to heed.
While large companies have been doing auto enrolment for a while – now it is starting to become a reality for their smaller brethren!
I have to admit that even the best written guides are daunting. A small employer has enough on his or her plate without having to try and get their head around what they have to do. Even worse if they don’t do it they can be penalised! Fortunately all is not lost. Your accountant and his payroll team will have spent many hours educating themselves so that auto enrolment holds no fears for them.
We have got the systems in place to take you through the steps from when the Pension Regulator contacts you to let you know your staging date right through to the first payroll run where you and your staff have signed up and start paying contributions to a pension company.
We support our clients by:
- Calculating how much auto enrolment might cost their business
- Helping them consider who will be their pension provider
- Drafting the communications they will need to have with their employees
- Helping them enrol their employees and pay over their pension contributions to the chosen Pension scheme provider
- Helping them register with the Pension Regulator and keep the appropriate records
If you would like to know more about auto enrolment and how we might help please do get in touch. Pensions auto-enrolment does not have to be a nightmare – speak to your accountant; drop a comment below with a question you have – or contact me and my team on 01788 577613 (Rugby office). I am also on Twitter if you have a quick query you’d like an answer on => @SimonGCTowers.